Friday, April 27, 2007

Why I'm So Fortunate...

Friday, April 27, 2007

Yes, I do complain about my family giving me a hard time, but who's family doesn't? I love 'em to death, and I am so fortunate as to have the most responsible, harworking and caring pair of parents in the world. I don't come from a rich family, but heck, I thank God every day that we are not deprived of food, clothing, and shelter.

Watching Idol Gives Back makes me realize the true horror that is sickness and death among families in Africa; AIDS, HIV, malaria. The suffering they go through, the depravity...such a dark place for all. And yet, what are the African government doing with all the money raised by entertainers throughout the years? What happened to the millions from Band Aid, Live Aid...now, what will happen with the money from Idol Gives Back?

I sure hope that the money is allocated to the people of the African continent, and not to heads of the gov...coz you know what'll happen. The rich get richer, and the poor...you know the drill!

Come to think of it, in all the decades of funds raised, the only time things really worked was if you, a donor went there and saw things through...like Oprah did with building the schools, giving gift to the children personally, and many other stuff like that. That is the smartest thing to do! Watch where your money goes...

At least people are starting to care about Africa. If only I had the dough...what I wouldn't give to help out. Seeing the young ones cry made my heart sink...

I am truly one of the many fortunate people in this world, and I thank God for that!

0 comments: