Monday, April 09, 2007

My So-Called Life!

Monday, April 09, 2007

This is what I can say for NOW...


When you plan things, they either:

  • Work out well
  • Don't work out at all

Well, I planned for years to become a diplomat, or eventually an ambassador to my country, and go on to missions worldwide...but, now what? I am now, with a heavy heart opting not to...because a girl like me--a non-Bumi will never get the chance I deserve...due to this bullshit called affirmative action. Now, I understand that this works on a minority, but why does it apply to the majority in this country?

Plus, i've added the fact that i'm also half-Filipino, so i'm not sure if i'd even be considered being in the gov or even likely to be promoted. My uncle, a Malaysian of Sinhalese race has been in the gov body for over 20 years. He has mentored countless incompetent Malay-sians who have gone to be at the top of the chain.

How unfair is this? I have a lot to offer, and I don't need to waste my precious time, dude! If I join the foreign service, I need a guarantee that i'll be judged purely on my capabilities, and not my race! I need answers, but I doubt i'll get any...I don't even know who to ask!

As one dream slowly fades away, I now opt for Plan B...YES, there is a plan B. Remember how I love writing, talking (not as much as writing...but people seem to say I have the gift of the gab...hehehe! More like the gift of not shutting up!)?

I think that BA in Communication is the way to go! Either Taylor's or Monash...If I could get the full amount for Monash , which is VERY expensive via PTPTN, it would definitely be my choice. So, I need to do some research...I need much assistance, God, so you better take the wheel...soon, i'll have a baby sister, and you know babies...I can't burden my mom and dad with my crap.

I've heard a saying, "Wanna make God laugh? Make a plan..."

How true that is. Just goes to show that HE has a sense of humor...I dig that!

0 comments: