Friday, February 26, 2010

This Song Made My Day...

Friday, February 26, 2010

Complaining is one of my greatest weaknesses...sometimes you just have those days when things don't go the way you want it. You go home (in my case, my single room in campus) to your solitary confinement...you then throw your weight on the bed, look up the ceiling and just have the whole day on playback in your head. From there, you go on and think about the bigger things; your future, where you're heading and you find yourself lost...the same ol' issue!

Happens all the time...

Sometimes you go into dark-mode...but i'm learning to cope by going the other way...like just reminding myself that I have everything I need in my life. Basic stuff for survival, stuff that feeds my mind, body and soul...and of course the greatest assets any human could have: a circle of trust...people whom you know will have your back in any situation.

Sometimes God speaks to you in ways you can't imagine...just when I started to get all gloomy and whatnot (maybe it's that fucking unfinished thesis and that trip I want to happen with every fibre of my being, which I've just come across some upsetting news!)...the song that played on my player was True Colors by Cyndi Lauper...damn, it made me cry!

I'm one of those people who really take the lyrics into heart, and I believe the words make the song. Of course, the music and melody plays an important role...but if the lyrics are just some jumbled-up crap...i'd hate it no matter how beautiful the melody...but that's just me!

Back to the story...I personally felt that someone was speaking to me...well, maybe not...but I would like to think so. It was just the perfect answer to that particular moment I was having. Take a look at the lyrics, and maybe you'd understand why I thought SOMEONE was speaking to me...

True Colors by Cyndi Lauper

You with the sad eyes
don't be discouraged
oh I realize
it's hard to take courage
in a world full of people
you can lose sight of it all
and the darkness inside you
can make you feel so small

But I see your true colors
shining through
I see your true colors
and that's why I love you
so don't be afraid to let them show
your true colors
true colors are beautiful
like a rainbow

Show me a smile then
don't be unhappy, can't remember
when I last saw you laughing
if this world makes you crazy
and you've taken all you can bear
you call me up
because you know I'll be there

And I'll see your true colors
shining through
I see your true colors
and that's why I love you
so don't be afraid to let them show
your true colors
true colors are beautiful
like a rainbow

Thank you, God...I love you too! :')

0 comments: