Monday, July 20, 2009

About A Clockwork Orange...

Monday, July 20, 2009

I once saw a clip of this movie on some countdown of old weird movies, and i was instantly drawn to its super freaky plot and it's just...just...plain weird for me to even explain! I was hooked, and tried to search the movie here in Malaysia and it couldn't be found...it's about some young, crazy hooligans and what its main character goes through...it's just freakin' awesome, hahaha! It starred a young Malcom McDowell (who was kinda cute...)

Title? A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess...

So imagine my surprise when I spotted it at my library! I was ecstatic! So now, after finishing my first read (i borrowed five books in one day!), I started with this one...and the first page already uses some weird slang or maybe made-up words? Damn! This is soooo freakin' fun! Hahahaha...

I tend to read a lot of classic books...the last was Of Mice & Men by Steinbeck (one of my fave authors)...after that, i watched the movie too! LOL! It was luck, coz it played on TV a few weeks after i read it!

Next up: The 2 classic political satire by the satire-meister...Orwell! So ok, i read 1984 and Animal Farm...but i didn't finish those as assignment were nearing. But for now, i'm just chilling, so why not repeat, eh? I read 2-3 at a time, so no problem in that department! LOL!

I missed this...i'm lovin' this moment (of what i'm experiencing right NOW), and i want it to last! May it be so...

Toodlez, bitches!!!

0 comments: