Friday, November 14, 2008

M-M-M-My Sharona!!!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Don't know why but I really really love that song! Haha...it's My Sharona from The Knack, baby!

Well, with my dad being a musician, i am exposed to songs from way back before I was even born...

But this song, I knew and grew to love after watching this movie, which I must say is one of my fave MTV-era movies of all time. Some of you may or may not like it, but hey...it spawned the one hit wonder that is 'Stay' by Lisa Loeb, which I love too!

If you still didn't guess it (you're a dud!)...it's 'Reality Bites' of course!!!

Something about the pre-kleptomanic Wynona that screams innocence...it was hard not to love her character. And what about pre-Uma Ethan Hawke? Do I even have to add to that? Umm, guess not...he was the ultimate tortured soul...hot? Yesss! Annoying? Double yess!!! But it all made sense, and the story is one that i'll always love.

Hahhh...the memories...the '90s. Oh, man I've got to do an entry about the '90s! Being but a young'un during the era of grunge, still pristine-MTV, where no respected rapper will even consider 'Sweat drip down my balls!' as part of a song...it was a hell of a decade! But maybe i'm just biased!

Why am I talking about this already?

Oh, yeah...M-M-M-My Sharona!!!

0 comments: