Sunday, March 21, 2010

Taking A Load Off In Underland...

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saw it (normal, not in 3D)...wasn't really impressed with the movie. Rather, it was kind of a bummer coz I expected MORE!!! I dunno, just kinda fell flat...I loved the artistic vision of Tim Burton though...it always is up to his fans' expectations...

Stayne (Crispin Glover; though I'll always remember him as Marty McFly's dad from "Back to the Future") reminds me of a taller, meaner version of Edward Scissorhands...ok, that statement was random!

Man, I loved Edward Scissorhands...it was the ONE movie in which I truly felt the talent Johnny Depp had (he still has it!) as an actor...at the same time, I also fell for Tim Burton's creative and distinct way of telling a story...it was beautiful...and of course, a match made in heaven! So, yeah...my 2 cents' worth on the Burton-Depp partnership!

Which is why, I was quite disappointed with the movie...the storyline, especially...it was rather cliched, but visually stunning...maybe I should just go watch it in 3D, eh?

After the movie, my chums went for the after-movie chill-out session...really took a load off the crappy week that was.

One of the things I love best: Being with my family AND hanging out with the friends...don't know why, I just feel happy afterwards...

Thank you God for giving me such great friends...no matter how we disagree sometimes, I accept all of you for who you are, and I hope that you accept me the way I am too...I pray that we'll always be friends, no matter what the circumstances are.

Hahahaha...I always thank God for family and friends, huh? Well, it's always better to be grateful than bitter...I don't know what the future holds for us all, but at least we had a blast, eh? Man, i'm getting too sentimental for my own good...Lol!

Must be the age...

Oh, and I must remember to write a critique about a snooze-fest of a movie that is "Under the Mountain"...LMFAO!!! Sucks, I tell you...it sucks...balls!!!

0 comments: