Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Get To You

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"I'll get to you...just hold on a little longer"

This song keeps going on loop in my head...heard it a few days ago, and downloaded it. It's James Morrison's 'Get to You', and just listening to it brings me the imagination of driving in a Buick, then running down a prairie in a sundress, enjoying the wind against the strands of my hair and experiencing bliss with every sense...sigh! It's crazy how music affects me sometimes...

James Morrison's voice is one of the best in contemporary music - very bluesy, has a gruff voice which I wish more male singers had...don't know why, but when I think of James, i'm reminded of Paolo Nutini...another great singer-songwriter...hahahaha, I know...so random, eh?

Yeah...me blabbing again about things people won't get...that's what you're here for, sweet blog of mine! Anyway, lots of great songs out there...just wanted to write about this particular one coz I felt like it! I think i'll write more about songs in the future...I love analyzing them...LOL!

Still looking for the piano sheet for 'Zoom Into Me'...you know, that haunting riff I keep yapping about? Found the most accurate one...the girl who wrote it is spot-on...it's so good, it's perfect! Can't wait to learn it...hope I get the chance.

Till the next post...toodlez, bitches!

0 comments: