Monday, December 08, 2008

All I Want For Chrithmathhhh...

Monday, December 08, 2008

Ever heard that song? I don't even know who sang that...it could either have been a little boy/girl, and it's sung with an obvious lisp...hence, "all i want for xmas is my two front teeth..."

Dunno why I suddenly thought of that!

These days, I feel a wee bit nostalgic. Found some old friends via Facebook...reminisced, planned a reunion (which I think will not happen due to clashing schedules), telling each other how good we are looking, etc...end of story! Next...

So, mom tells me we (all of us-sisters, mom and dad!) might be going to the Philippines next May...I hope! I really hope this happens as it will be the first time my sisters and I will be going there...it's always a plan that never happens, and I wish it would be realized this time. I just know once I go to the place where i've come from (half of me, lol!), i'll be more grateful, and instantly gain a little more wisdom.

I've always been fascinated to know where I came from...

On my mom's side, there are no worries, coz she knows everything...she knows all her relatives, like...say...her cousins thrice removed...and maybe more!

My dad, however...what a disappointment! No knowledge of his mother tongue, culture...which leaves me lost! I'm trying to trace our origins on my paternal ancestors' side, but I fail because I find out that grandad changed his name when he came to this country...and my dad didn't really know his extended family coz his parents didn't really make it a point to be a close-knit family...and me being so curious, I ask tons of questions but get no answers. So, here I am...lost!

Don't you ever get fascinated with your background? If I had the means, I would deffo check my genealogy...interesting stuff! I get so jealous when some peeps just know everything about their family tree, and I'm like, "Huh? Gee, I know nothing about half of my heritage! Hmmph, show-off!"

Bummer...

0 comments: