Thursday, September 18, 2008

To Kill that Fuckin' Brontok, I'll Need A Pair...Made of Steel!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I don't know how I got it...supposedly, people get it from e-mail attachments, but who the hell cares? It got into my system, it fucked up my files, toyed with my settings, and fucked-up my week!

THE WEEK WHERE I HAD OVERLAPPING ASSIGNMENTS!!!

"Wtf? Wtf? Wtf?"...that's what I kept asking myself all week...then my mom left for work in Sabah...for a month, no less! Could things get any worse?

Oh, it can...Murphy's Law at its best...

Next thing you know, the PC at home got ruined for God knows what reason!!!

I willed myself NOT to cry...and what I ended up doing was laughing my ass off...telling myself that 'that week' was the worst week ever...

I think one day, I will definitely look back at that week and laugh my ass off...AGAIN!

What did I do about Brontok-the-mo'fo'? I researched all I could bout it, and armed myself with the necessary tools...killers, anti-this, and anti-that...but what happened was, Brontok detects all the relevant words, then shuts down my computer, knowing that i'm "up to something"...it even altered my registry, disabled hidden files viewing and shit like that...my processor was at 100% usage, and it was heating up...

MAN, THIS WORM IS SMART...A FORMIDABLE ADVERSARY!!!

I thought, what could I do to disable it from running my task manager...and booted in safe mode...from there, it didn't quite control my computer, so i ran Brontok killer, and it deleted the very important Brontok files...then, I rebooted to the normal mode, ran it again (successfully!), deleted traces in the registry, deleted a few registry keys created by the fucker, and ran 'Hijack this!', downloaded Windows Defender (as recommended by W) and voila...kicked the fucker in the balls!!!

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

I try and try NOT to be a geek...but I guess I am. Well, not a very good one, but a geek nevertheless! Well, at least that's what a few friends say, but hey...I ain't complainin'!

Did finish up the necessary assignments due...and now I'm in my room at campus...a week later. Tomorrow, I go home for 2 weeks...

On to the next challenge...fixing the PC at home...

0 comments: